Re: New PAM page at Red Hat

On Wed, 11 Jun 1997, Michael K. Johnson wrote:
> Ah, I just did it.  Please look at
> http://www.redhat.com/linux-info/pam/what_pam_is_not.html
> and tell me what you think.  Breezy, simple, hopefully amusing.

Well, yes, its amusing ;-) In my opinion it lacks a detailed explanation
of the authentication-vs-user-database-management thing, though. Thats the
first thing a programmer trying to use PAM stumbles over (well, at least
*I* stumbled over it ;-)

Another thing of note might be that PAM has nothing to do with 'adduser',
chfn, chsh and the like.

---/dev/il