Re: Suggestions wanted: how to generated MD5-encrypted passwords?

scoile@patriot.net said:
} I was wondering if, perhaps, there's already an easy way to do this?
} Perhaps someone's aware of a Perl module at CPAN that already handles
} this?

There is a perl module (called MD5 appropriately enough) that does MD5
hash generation for arbitrary input data.  I guess than tweaking it to do
the right thing for the passwd encoding should be very simple indeed -
just a case of apprpriately building the input string and then converting
the output binary string into the correct textual format.

[I do something like this with an in-house password encryption system we
use - MD5 based with the output passed through the MIME:Base64 module to
make it text.]

	Nigel.
--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@theplanet.net   -  Systems Software Engineer ]
[ Tel : +44 113 251 6012                   Fax : +44 113 224 0003 ]