Re: non interactive password change

pam is not a tool for "changing passwords".. :)

if you really want to do this..

there's a few problems with changing passwords via the web..

1. the web server shouldn't be running as root (if it is, you should fix that
first)

2. you'll have to switch the userid of the process dynamically.. again... nice
little security problem waiting to happen..

mind you, thats if you have passwords stored in local passwd/shadow files..

i use kerberos for system passwords and hence, can use kpasswd to change
passwords.. not as big of a security issue.. (I don't do this though)

in a note.. unless you're using something that integrates well..
i'd advise against changing passwords via the web..

flames to /dev/null

tom