Xauthority

As we all know, Xauthority is a much stronger X access control method than
is xhost.  However, I am unable to get it to work properly under RedHat.
I had problems with it under RH Linux 4.1 and now also under 4.2.  Does
anyone have any suggestions?  I had it working fine under Slackware 3.1
and 3.2 using xauth to create the .Xauthority file and using
$HOME/.Xauthority as the Xauthority information file.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Jason A. Pfeil, Computer Science System Administrator  120 Carothers Hall
http://www.cs.fsu.edu/~pfeil			       Florida State University
pfeil@cs.fsu.edu				       (850)644-4019