Re: ssh with pam support..

Tom wrote:
> i remember seeing something about this a while back..
>
> i can't seem to find it on the list archives..
> anyone know anything about it?

There are two approaches to this.

	1. go to www.replay.com (in the Netherlands) and
	   download the appropriate ssh RPMs.

[Point 2. is new as of this message ;^]

	2. Do 1. and substitute the following two files:

  http://linux.kernel.org/pub/linux/libs/pam/pre/ssh-1.2.20-pam.patch.uu
  http://linux.kernel.org/pub/linux/libs/pam/pre/ssh-pam-spec.patch.uu

	   a. ssh-1.2.20-pam.patch.gz
		this is a replacement for the patch in the SRPM on
		replay. [It has a different name so you just need to
		place it in /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/ ]

	   b. ssh-pam-spec.patch.gz
		this is a patch to the spec file provided in the
		SRPM on replay.

If you follow course 1. you will get something that works for simple
password authentication against Linux-PAM < 0.59.

If you do step 2. you will get something that is "designed to work"
with 0.59+ and will only do PAM based authentication if both the
client and the server are compiled with these patches...  And then you
may have some trouble since this is all very alpha code. ;^)

I'd like to thank Andrey (Savochkin Andrey Vladimirovich) for fixing
my former (broken) patch!

Cheers

Andrew
--
new job - new sig file under construction...