Re: PAP and PAM

Tuomo Pyhala writes:
>So i can safely ignore this line from old code?
>
>(void) pam_set_item (pamh, PAM_AUTHTOK, password);

Yes, you can ignore it.  In fact, please do!

>So this implementation of conversation function should be fully ok, when i
>have password in PAM_password?

Well, I did a mixture of typing it by hand and cut-n-paste in the email
I wrote, but it is based on a working conversation function.  It should
be fully OK, but if it doesn't compile it's probably my fault.

>Does PAM write the utmp/wtmp entries or should this be done by the
>application?

The application should do that; PAM doesn't.

>And i have never made any patches, how do i make those patches correctly?

Someone already posted one way to do it, by keeping two separate trees.

Another way is to keep copies of files that you want to compare under
new names, like
foo/bar.c (the new, changed file)
foo/bar.c.nopatch (the old, unchanged file)
and then use the gendiff command included with RPM.
$ gendiff ppp-2.3.0 .nopatch
would generate a patch based on files with the .nopatch extension.

michaelkjohnson