Re: [linux-alert] rlogin authentication bug

Michael K. Johnson wrote:
> "Steve \"Stevers!\" Coile" writes:
> >The r services don't work now.
>
> Urgh, that's entirely my fault.  I'm fixing it now.  Sorry about that.
>
> >$ rlogin grizzly.patriotnet.com
> >n.rlogind: can't resolve symbol 'pam_iruserok'
> >
> >Also, why is the leading "i" in "in.rlogind" not printed?
>
> Fuzzy recollection says something about the rlogin protocol eating it
> because it comes when it is expecting something else.  It's been a
> while since I futzed with it, but I'm pretty sure it isn't a bug.

I have updated Linux-PAM-0.57 on my home page to Linux-PAM-0.57b .  Thanks
to Andrey for fixing this.  The above problem was due to the fact that
iruserok() was renamed to pam_iruserok() after 0.57 was released and
Andrey's patch was for 0.58+.

FYI: Because of changes in my place of employment, I may be a little slow in
updating 0.58 and 0.59 source.  Please send patches to the pam-list and I
will pick up again where I left off in a few days.

Cheers

Andrew
                  http://parc.power.net/morgan/index.html