Kerberos and Hesiod?

     I'm planning on setting up a small network of RedHat Linux boxes.
I'd like them to use Kerberos V for user authentication, and Hesiod for
all the uid/gid and /etc/passwd stuff.  Is it possible to do this without
having to bypass PAM at all?  I know there is a Kerb V module.  I've
played with that along with the Kerberos rpms from replay, but never did
get it working.  I suspect at least part of the problem was that the kerb5
rpms put files in the wrong places, from the Kerb V PAM modules point of
view.  I'm no stranger to Kerberos, but I'm not up to speed on the
internals of PAM.  Any and all information would be appreciated.  I
suppose if the necessary modules aren't available, I'll take a crack at
writing them, but I really hope it doesn't come to that.  8)