Re: Does PAM support virtual users?

On Mon, 7 Dec 1998, Jochen Wiedmann wrote:
> I'd like to use PAM for introducing virtual users into my email system.

Forget it. PAM is not meant for that.

Consider using a name-service-switch module, like nss_ldap. In my personal
experience with a web-hosting environment, it works very nice and clean,
with absolutely *no* custom code at all.

Also, drop the idea of "virtual" users. Use real users, with a namespace
large enough to support it.

--
		Ingo Luetkebohle / 21st Century Digital Boy
dev/consulting Gesellschaft fuer Netzwerkentwicklung und -beratung mbH