How do I get rsh & rlogin to work with pam?

I'm sure that this is answered somewhere - but I haven't
found it yet.

I have a little two machine network here at home, and would
like to use rsh & rlogin between the two machines. I am
running pretty stock RH4.2 on a '486 and an alpha UDB, so I
was under the impression that a ".rlogin" file should handle
the load. It doesn't (doesn't even seem to be checked),
which would imply to me that PAM is somehow involved. Is
this a problem, and if so, what is the fix?

Thanks in advance

Thompson Freeman
tfreeman@vnet.net
Student of Chemistry and other Philisophical Studies