houston ... (fwd)

FYI...

----- Forwarded message from morgan -----

Subject: Re: houston, we have a problem
To: shadow@dementia.org
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 19:35:08 -0800 (PST)

> The problem is I need modules I compile to work with their dtlogin, which I
> can't compile myself.

As you suggest, I would make an extra header file that remaps the
various #defines (where they are different:

Eg.
	#undef PAM_PRELIM_CHECK
	#define PAM_PRELIM_CHECK   0x0001

We can then try to integrate this into our security/_pam_types.h
(etc.) files in such a way that they conditionally compile when 'sun*'
is #define'd.

> I'll feed back more info later tonight or tomorrow.

Fine.

> Essentially it's easier for me to write modules using Linux-PAM as a
> "toolkit" precisely because it's more robust, and aside from the
> creds and chauthtok stuff it looks compatible; The session and auth
> modules I have work now.

:^)

Cheers

Andrew