Re: how do I chroot for users.

On Sat, 17 Jan 1998, XxEDGExX wrote:

> Another reason is individual environments for each user.
> One user I would like to be able chown his files, another
> I don't, so I simple don't give him chown.  Etc.

If you give the chown-less user a network or a compile environment, you
lose. Heck, if you give them uudecode or mime-capable mail readers you
lose. You're not doing anything about the system call to stop them from
actually chowning the file.

Be careful, don't assume that just because you take away the nice system
utilties that you've stopped anything like this.

-D