Re: locking/unlocking accounts with pam?

On Tue, 20 Jan 1998, Allen Bolderoff wrote:
> goemon@sasami.anime.net said:
> > The old pre-pam passwd used to have a lock/unlock option '-l' and
> > '-u'. What this did to the shadow password is it inserted a '!' in
> > front of the encrypted password to lock it, and removed the '!' to
> > unlock it.
> > It seems this option has disappeared in the pam version of passwd.
> if you are using the Redhat 5.0 - there is another script called usermod -
> this allows you to do just what you need.

I'm looking at the man page for usermod on redhat 5.0 now, and i can't see
anywhere that usermod allows locking/unlocking passwords. (NOTE: changing
authentication methods is not the same thing as locking/unlocking a shadow
password.)

Maybe i'm just missing something?

-Dan