PAM aware NIS?

I am running RH 4.2 with the stock ypserv and related goodies.  Everything
appears to be working properly with the exception that the remote clients
cannot authenticate.  I think this is related to my use of shadow
passwords on the RH system.  What is the trick to getting making the
passwords available to the clients?  Do the clients have to support PAM or
am I way off base here?

Any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks.

Mike.