Re: interaction of SSL and PAM

Luke,

Thanks for the pointer! [Please feel free to forward this to the
Kerberos discussion -- I'm on too many email lists as it is... :*]

Luke Howard wrote about 'news:comp.protocols.kerberos':
> You wrote:
> >Perhaps you could point me at the thread you are talking about?  The
> >subject headers I have glanced at were not that illuminating...
>
> The stuff about replacing /bin/login.

Fascinating and timely discussion.  Mostly right on target as far as I
can see.  Or to summarize the part that I was interested in: PAM is
slightly broken as stated in the original RFC with regard to
non-password (or at least non-user-typed) authentication tokens.