Credential setting failure

Hi,
    I recently installed PAM on my Linux system - running slackware V3.4
(kernel 2.0.33). Now I can get "su" (SimplePAMApps-0.55) to work OK, for
a local user on the Linux system. I can't seem to be able to get it to work
for NIS users. The error message that I get is

 su: Cannot make/remove an entry for the specified session

Could anybody please help me out, if you have any idea what could be wrong
here with my setup.

** Here is the content of my /etc/pwdb.conf

user:
        unix+shadow
        nis+shadow
        unix+nis

group:
        unix+shadow
        nis+shadow
        unix+nis

** And here is my /etc/pam.conf file

#
# SimplePAMApps-0.52+ login uses libpwdb
#
login   auth     required       /usr/lib/security/pam_pwdb.so
login   auth     optional       /usr/lib/security/pam_mail.so
login   account  required       /usr/lib/security/pam_pwdb.so
login   password required       /usr/lib/security/pam_pwdb.so
login   session  required       /usr/lib/security/pam_pwdb.so
login   session  optional       /usr/lib/security/pam_lastlog.so
login   session  required       /usr/lib/security/pam_limits.so

# see Linux-PAM-0.XX/modules/pam_stress/README for more info.
#

blank   auth     required       /usr/lib/security/pam_stress.so
blank   ACCOUNT  required       /usr/lib/security/pam_stress.so
blank   account  required       /usr/lib/security/pam_time.so
blank   password required       /usr/lib/security/pam_stress.so
blank   session  required       /usr/lib/security/pam_stress.so

#
# the next line applies some annoying transposition to all input/output
#
xsh     auth     required       /usr/lib/security/pam_filter.so run1 \
                                        /usr/sbin/pam_filter/upperLOWER
# SimpleApps-0.51 'su' configured to use pam_pwdb

su      auth     sufficient     /usr/lib/security/pam_rootok.so
##su    auth     requisite      /usr/lib/security/pam_wheel.so
su      auth     required       /usr/lib/security/pam_pwdb.so
su      account  required       /usr/lib/security/pam_pwdb.so
su      password required       /usr/lib/security/pam_pwdb.so
su      session  required       /usr/lib/security/pam_pwdb.so
su      session  required       /usr/lib/security/pam_limits.so

# rlogind configuration

rlogind auth     sufficient     /usr/lib/security/pam_rhosts_auth.so
rlogind auth     required       /usr/lib/security/pam_unix_auth.so
rlogind ACCOUNT  required       /usr/lib/security/pam_unix_acct.so
rlogind password required       /usr/lib/security/pam_unix_passwd.so
rlogind session  required       /usr/lib/security/pam_unix_session.so

My second problem is that, while I can get su to work (for local users), I
can't get rlogin (login-SimplePAMApps-0.55) to work at all - even for a local
user.

The error I am getting here is

  Credential setting failure

My pam.conf and pwdb.conf files are listed above.

I would be grateful for any help

TIA

krishan

krishan.purahoo@jet.uk