login problems

Hello,

Since a couple of days I can only log on to my RedHat 5 system as root.
Logging in another user gives the error:

su: cannot run /bin/bash: Permission denied

I checked the permissions of /bin/bash and everything is OK (r and x
permissions for all).  In my syslog I get the following lines:

Mar  5 11:05:54 merchant PAM_pwdb[447]: (su) session opened for user roel by
root(uid=502)
Mar  5 11:05:54 merchant PAM_pwdb[447]: (su) session closed for user roel

All the PAM lib are installed and I haven't touched the pam config files in
/etc/pam.d
I use shadow passw. (converted old passwd file with pwconv).

Any ideas ?

Thanks !

Roel