Re: The Open Group's PAM

alanr@bell-labs.com writes:
> It appears that PAM is officially part of CDE:
>
> From:	http://www.camb.opengroup.org/tech/desktop/cde/cde.data.sheet.htm
> 	New in CDE 2.1 (February 5, 1997)
>
> 	Integration with the "pluggable authentication modules" technology
> 	(PAM) providing the capability for a single sign-on for CDE users
>
> CDE is also shipping with AIX >= 4.1.4 and HP-UX 10.10 and is default for
> 10.20.  This broadens its scope a bit over just Solaris (and of course Linux
> :-))

The people at Red Hat tell me that Linux-PAM worked "out of the box"
with the CDE they ship.

> The info I found on PAM at the opengroup is:
> 	http://www.opengroup.org/infosrv/XSSO/HTML/toc.htm

OK, I've looked it over and it is the WWW version of the ps file we
were given last year:

> > (The X/Open spec from March 1997 was given to us by Vipin and you can
> > download it from my http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/libs/pam/ web page.)

So, all the stuff I said in my previous email is apparently still
true.

[I wonder if it is time to write a ietf RFC....?]

Cheers

Andrew