PAM, When?

 Last year I agreed to do an article for sysadmin magazine's annual
 Linux issue (January).  It was to give overviews of PAM and
 the "securelevel" kernel features (among other things).

 Back in September or August of '97 I figured that PAM 1.0 and the 2.2
 kernels were only a few months away and that my article would be
 timely. (O.K. --- I was *way* wrong).

 So, now I pose this question:

	How close are we?

 ... what needs to be done before we can call PAM a 1.x release?

 Should I even *consider* proposing an article to them for their
 next January issue?  (Mind you, I have no idea where Amber will
 speak to me after the last flub --- but that's my problem).

--
Jim Dennis  (800) 938-4078		consulting@starshine.org
Proprietor, Starshine Technical Services:  http://www.starshine.org