how to remove reference to cracklib?

Gary Calvin wrote:

> Comment out the line 'password   required
> /lib/security/pam_cracklib.so' in each of the setup files in your
> /etc/pam.d directory.

That was the first thing I tried.  Here is the file:

[chris@rabbit pam.d]# cat passwd
#%PAM-1.0
auth       required     /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so shadow nullok
account    required     /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so
#password   required    /lib/security/pam_cracklib.so retry=3
password   required     /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so use_authtok nullok
[chris@rabbit pam.d]#

Now I try to change my password

[chris@rabbit pam.d]# /usr/bin/passwd
passwd: Authentication information cannot be recovered
[chris@rabbit pam.d]#

--
   --Chris Albertson             home: chrisja@jps.net
     Redondo Beach, California   work: chris@topdog.logicon.com