RE: PAM, When?

> > uid of 800, regardles where i come from...
>
> that's fine: that means that the mapping arrangement would have to be
> different for your system, and that that requirement would impose
> restrictions on the NT RIDs, not the other way round.

Which is a pain if NT wants to allocate the RIDs for you.

As I understand it, NT actually stores a SID with the user entity (in the
SAM or Active Directory), although the SID is created by concatenating the
domain SID with the next available RID. So perhaps it's possible, at least
with Active Directory, to create a user with a predetermined SID.

-- Luke