RE: How do I get rid of passwd/shadow files

This is precisely the problem I'm having now. I have got a PAM module which is doing radius based auth and acct management functions but we have the added pain in the butt of needing to offer shell accounts. This unfortunately make life a lot harder and as yet I haven't thought of a way I could implement something similar to what you have and still keep providing shell access.

I think I'm going to have to hack around with the PAM module I'm using and the applications that use PAM to do this. As unclean as it may be, a better (quicker, easier, more general) alternative hasn't presented itself yet.

Regards,

Richard