Re: How do I get rid of passwd/shadow files

>   Now all we need is an NT gina plug-in which does RADIUS...

actually what is needed is an NT Local Security Authority which does
RADIUS.  adding authentication into GINAs is a really bad hack, but sadly
microsoft do not see us fit to share knowledge of the LSA API ("sorry,
conversations on this topic are at an end", said an MSDN support
representative at microsoft: he had obviously received instructions from
on high to terminate discussions).

that having been said, there is a PAM port to NT which uses [the bad hack
of] GINAs.  a talk on it was given at the lisa-nt98 conference (start at
http://www.usenix.org, sorry i don't have reference to hand).

luke