NT PAM

> actually what is needed is an NT Local Security Authority which does
> RADIUS.  adding authentication into GINAs is a really bad hack, but
> sadly microsoft do not see us fit to share knowledge of the LSA API

  I know... what do you do when GINA goes to a remote server to
authenticate you, but still need a password (?) to get UID/etc from
the LSA?

> that having been said,a there is a PAM port to NT which uses [the bad
> hack of] GINAs.  a talk on it was given at the lisa-nt98 conference
> (start at http://www.usenix.org, sorry i don't have reference to
> hand).

  I found the authors home page at:

http://www-personal2.engin.umich.edu/~itoi/

  It looks interesting, but I wish they had the documentation in text
format.

  Alan DeKok.