Re: rexecd --> pam_authenticate problem?

> #%PAM-1.0
> auth       required     pam_permit.so
> account    required     pam_permit.so

works fine (with or without password)

> If this doesn't work, we need to look more at rexecd...  If this does
> work, try this:
>
> #%PAM-1.0
> auth       required     pam_permit.so
> account    required     pam_pwdb.so

works fine (with or without password)

> If this works, try this:
>
> #%PAM-1.0
> auth       required     pam_securetty.so
> account    required     pam_permit.so

this is where it starts to fail (with the same error as I reported in my
earlier email)

> and then this:
>
> #%PAM-1.0
> auth       required     pam_pwdb.so debug shadow nullok
> account    required     pam_permit.so

but then this works just fine (and the password has to be correct as
well).  If the password is not correct, the rexec call returns -1.
Hurray!!! Can you tell me what this all means? Is one of the
modules not functioning correctly.  Or is the default /etc/pam.d/rexec not
very good?

BTW, thanks already.
				Reid van Melle