Re: What is wrong with this program?

I'll play with this and get back to you, but first could I have some
more info....

[Regarding the reply structure, that is supposed to be free'd by the
module that requests it.]

Q1: what is your /etc/pam.d/login file like?

Q2: does this problem go away if you replace all of the modules in this
    config file with pam_permit.so

Q2.suppl: if Q2 gives a clue, can you track down which module is
    causing the problem by exchanging the modules in the login file
    with pam_permit.so one by one?

Thanks

Andrew