Re: how does Hotmail do it?

I have a feeling that the systems in question themselves know nothing
about those users, that they exist only as a construct specific to the
hotmail software. In other words, the web servers and backend stuff hit
some 'database' (generic meaning intended here) of users via whatever
means they wrote it to, perhaps straight up ODBC in C or whatever.

My guess...

jim

--
"[T]hey said something to the effect that Linux has 'the tendency not to
crash.' ... It's like me listing 'the tendency not to murder people' as one of