Re: how does Hotmail do it?

You can do disgusting things with procmail as delivery agent, and not even
bother using UID's or anything.  And then just have a custom popper/web
client to actually parse the information.

-Matt Drown     -- Privacy, Anonyminity, & Security -- DataHaven Project
 panzer@dhp.com -- Shell and Web accounts           -- http://www.dhp.com/