Building PAM

Hallo,

I am trying to build PAM from the sources, since
Slackware does not contain any PAM. I have installed
the cracklib and got the information, that pwdb is only
needed for pam_pwdb and pam_radius. So I deleted both
from the /modules folder.
Still - no compile possible - it quits at pam_mail with
error 1. If I remove pam_mail, it stops at the next
module.
Besides, I have lots (really lots) of: "warning:
pointer of type void * used in arithmetic". I am
somehow used to that warning, but not that massive
(basically all I see is this warning). Dunno if this
relates to the failure of the build. I use egcs-1.1.2.