RE: NIS and Slow Login

-----Original Message-----
From: Iain Rae [mailto:iainr@dcs.ed.ac.uk]
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2002 9:46 AM
To: pam-list@redhat.com
Subject: Re: NIS and Slow Login

Rivera, Angel R wrote:

| login is w/o X.  I am conducting a few more test to see if I can
narrow
| it down even more.

possibly a dumb question but are you having problems with the yp tools
as well. i.e. can you ypcat passwd and is ypwhich telling you which
server the client is bound to?

yup.

it may pay to put your nis servers in /etc/hosts in any event in case
you have problems with dns

done as a general course.

and you have used chkconfig to make sure the ypbind daemon is starting
up at boot time (not that I've ever made that mistake ;) )

it is running.

I know about the "never" making a mistake.  never accept the blame you
can redirect. :)