Re: verifying a username AND password...?

On Fri, 2002-03-01 at 20:07, Fathi Ben Nasr wrote:

the USER is NOT connecting to the host.

situation is, A user is connecting to the host for purposes of
maintaining a database connection.  the user won't be that user.

the actual user needs to authenticate to the client-side application.
the authentication tokens will come from the local machine, BUT the
user's login name for the application may be different to the login name
for the database.

I hope that makes some kind of sense - it's sort of confusing to me now
i come to think about it...

cheers,

jb