Debian Linux - PAM - Kcheckpass -libpam-krb5 question

Hi,

I am upgrading my network machines to use Kerberos as the authentication
method. The standard screen lock that comes with KDE uses kcheckpass to
check the password presented to it, in order to unlock the screen. I tried
to change my /etc/pam.d/kde, the file used by kcheckpass to use pam_krb5
instead of pam_unix.so. It's not working for some reason.

I am using Debian Linux 3.0 with 2.4.6 kernel, and libpam-krb5 1.0-6.

Thanks a lot.
Sandeep