user rights of pam_modules?

Hi,

i wrote a pam-module, wich executes a shell-script as a session-module.
When i log-in at the console or with the kdm, the skript runs at root and
everything works perfect.
But when i log in with ssh the pam module seems to run with the rights of
the user, so the commands of the shell-script cannot be executed.
Can someone explain me, why these pam-modules run as root when starting from
the console and run with user-rights when started at ssh-login?
I tried to set the s-bit on the pam module, but it did not help.

i can provide the source-code, if you want.

Thanks in advance

Klaas