account - is there something else?

I'm using pam smb auth and I want users to be able to logon different machines
withouth users having to be in the /etc/passwd file.    I would love to be
able to say in my pam.d/

account required       pam XXX.so

Then have some sort of config for that modules where I could specify a home
directory and other user options for that user to user.

Anyways if there is something that I'm missing please let me know.  Besides
this PAM is working great, coudln't get by without it.

Keith
kpettit@drgutah.com