Email notification of password expiration?

Brett Charbeneau brett at wrl.org
Sat Apr 17 13:08:28 UTC 2004

Quoting David <dplist at free.fr>:

> On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 14:15:40 -0400 (EDT)
> Brett Charbeneau <brett at wrl.org> wrote:
>
> > 	Does anyone know of a script that will parse the /etc/shadow
> > 	file and send email notification to users whose passwords are
> > 	about to expire? I've been looking for such an animal for months
> > 	now, but keep coming up empty handed.
> > 	Many thanks in advance!
>
> I saw this on freshmeat, I've not closely looked at it though.
>
> http://frida.fri.utc.sk/~sam/devel/passwd_exp/

   Wow - the README certainly sings my song.
   I'll give this a try and report back - thanks mucho, David!

Brett Charbeneau, Network Administrator         Tel: 757-259-7750
Williamsburg Regional Library                   FAX: 757-259-7798
7770 Croaker Road                               brett at wrl.org
Williamsburg, VA 23188-7064                     http://www.wrl.org