pam refuses to work when application is daemonized

Diez B. Roggisch d.roggisch at ehotel.de
Wed Apr 21 13:07:00 UTC 2004

Sorry if this appears twice, had posted with wrong account previously.

Hi all,

I'm trying to use pam for a custom app server written in python. There exists
a pam wrapper that makes it possible to use pam from within my python app.

Now when running the app standalone, everything works fine. But when I
daemonize it, I can't authenticate a single user. I also found that I can't
authorize somebody else than the user the shell runs in.

Searched google and the docs, but didn't find anything that helped me.

Any suggestions? I attached the python script and the domserver config.
daemonize is a standard unix daemonization receipt.

Regards,

Diez B. Roggisch