Re: pam refuses to work when application is daemonized

Are you running the daemon as root?  Sounds kinda like you are not.  No user is supposed to be able to authenticate other users unless they are root.  (su and other programs that require passwords are setuid root on the program permissions).

Joe

Diez B. Roggisch wrote:
Sorry if this appears twice, had posted with wrong account previously.

Hi all,

I'm trying to use pam for a custom app server written in python. There exists
a pam wrapper that makes it possible to use pam from within my python app.

Now when running the app standalone, everything works fine. But when I
daemonize it, I can't authenticate a single user. I also found that I can't
authorize somebody else than the user the shell runs in.

Searched google and the docs, but didn't find anything that helped me.

Any suggestions? I attached the python script and the domserver config.
daemonize is a standard unix daemonization receipt.

Regards,

Diez B. Roggisch