GDM and PAM on Fedora Core 1?

Edward Howe howe at jimmy.harvard.edu
Thu Apr 29 15:51:29 UTC 2004

For some reason, I can't get GDM to authenticate using LDAP through
PAM... I'm not exactly sure what's going on, but authentication via
SSH/terminal login works perfectly fine; GDM is the only one to give me
any problems. Anyone have any insight as to why this might be? Included
is a copy of my /etc/pam.d/gdm file at the bottom of the email. Thanks
in advance. =)

- Edward Howe
- Frontier Science, Inc.

- - - - - - - - - snip - - - - - - - - -

#%PAM-1.0
auth     sufficient     pam_ldap.so
auth     required       pam_nologin.so
auth     required       pam_env.so
auth     required       pam_unix_auth.so

account  sufficient     pam_ldap.so
account  required       pam_unix_acct.so

password required       pam_ldap.so

session  sufficient     pam_ldap.so
session  required       pam_unix_session.so