Future development of Linux-PAM and distribution patches

Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de
Fri Aug 13 12:44:55 UTC 2004

Hi,

There was nearly no Linux-PAM development in the past and every
distributor ships a very huge number of patches. This becomes more
and more a nightmare to maintain.

Andrew, do you have any plans for the near future with Linux-PAM?

Else I would suggest that the distribution maintainers should try
to merge all the usefull patches into CVS, so that we have at least
again a common code base. Some of us have CVS write access, so this
should be possible.

Other ideas how to procede?

  Thorsten

Thorsten Kukuk       http://www.suse.de/~kukuk/        kukuk at suse.de
SuSE Linux AG        Maxfeldstr. 5                 D-90409 Nuernberg