Help using skey with ssh

pam at madsteer.com pam at madsteer.com
Fri Aug 13 19:49:14 UTC 2004

Well, I finally seem to be receiving posts to the list, so I'll send this a third time.  I do not know if this is the first, second, or third time you've seen this request.  I apologize if it's the second or third.  Any help would be appreciated.  If someone has already responded I'd appreciate you forwarding it back to me, as I have not received any posts to this list until yesterday.

Thanks,

--------

I'm trying to use challengeresponse/skey to login to my server via ssh.
In my sshd_config file I have:

PasswordAuthentication no
#ChallengeResponseAuthentication yes - I assume this is the default since
"#" ...
UsePAM yes

and my /etc/pam.d/sshd looks like standard:
#%PAM-1.0

auth       required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
auth       required     pam_shells.so
auth       required     pam_nologin.so
account    required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
password   required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session    required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth

My question is how do I get sshd to stop offering me unix password as an
authentication option.  Not only does it offer local unix password as an
authentication method, but it asks for it before it asks for Skey.  I have
to press enter without typing in any information to get sshd to prompt for
skey.

Is this a PAM configuration, sshd configuration, or possibly an skey
configuration?

Thanks,

----- End forwarded message -----