pam_passwdqc ldap problems

'Solar Designer' solar at openwall.com
Mon Aug 30 11:12:07 UTC 2004

On Wed, Aug 25, 2004 at 02:33:44PM -0400, Adams, Chris M, CTR,, DMDCWEST wrote:
> > Yes.  I should have been more explicit.  I think your main problem was
> > that you commented out the "passwd auth ..." line.  Please try the
> > exact 4 lines from my previous e-mail and let me know of your results.
>
> I tried the 4 lines as you said, but didn't have any luck.  It goes all the
> way to the end and then gives me a permission denied error still.  I'm
> scratching my head now because it's just not making any sense as to why this
> isn't working.

I'm continuing this discussion via private e-mail.  I'll post to the
list once/if there's anything worth posting.

The problem likely has to do with the old password not being passed to
or recognized by the pam_authtok_store module.

--
Alexander Peslyak <solar at openwall.com>
GPG key ID: B35D3598  fp: 6429 0D7E F130 C13E C929  6447 73C3 A290 B35D 3598