Developing PAM modules?

Jason Gerfen jason.gerfen at scl.utah.edu
Wed Jun 2 17:54:17 UTC 2004

I am not recieving any errors, it compiles without error/warnings and I
also have the module loading through the /etc/pam.d/login file ex.

auth required pam_new.so authtok

I have the same lines for session, password etc but I am not using any
of those calls in my module so it shouldn't make any difference.  Any
assistance is appreciated.

Nathan Yocom wrote:

>> Modified to PAM_SUCCESS for the pam_sm_authenticate() function.
>> Given the code below I am simply opening a file, inputting some
>> information and closing it as a person logs in.  I am new to pam
>> modules so I figured do something easy to get started and as of yet I
>> have not been able to get it to do anything.
>

> How have you been testing? Have you added the module to your stack in
> the appropriate .conf file? Do you get errors?
>
> Nate

Jason Gerfen
Student Computing Group
Marriott Library
University of Utah
(801) 585-9810
jason.Gerfen at scl.utah.edu

"...Sometimes I just yell at myself. And it
 makes me sad, sometimes I make myself cry..."
			~ My nephew Dawsyn