Trouble building PAM-0.72 on debian

JC Ferguson jc at acopia.com
Tue Jun 8 01:06:13 UTC 2004

Hi, I am trying to build PAM-0.72 on debian and I get a complilation error.  I followed the directions in the README file: make check (ok), relinked the default.defs -> defs/debian.defs, and when I make I get the following.  This is from fresh sources using apt-get source libpam0g.  What magical incantation do I need to do to get this to work?  I believe I meet all the requirements as stated in "Before you begin:" in the README file.

thanks.

error:

gcc -O2 -I/work/jc/pam-0.72/Linux-PAM-0.72/include  -DLINUX_PAM  -Wall -I/work/j
c/pam-0.72/Linux-PAM-0.72/include -fPIC -Dlinux -Di386 -DPAM_DYNAMIC   -c pam_is
sue.c -o dynamic/pam_issue.o
pam_issue.c: In function `do_prompt':
pam_issue.c:192: warning: implicit declaration of function `time'
pam_issue.c:193: warning: implicit declaration of function `localtime'
pam_issue.c:193: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
pam_issue.c:197: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
pam_issue.c:197: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
pam_issue.c:198: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
pam_issue.c:199: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
pam_issue.c:202: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
pam_issue.c:202: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
pam_issue.c:202: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
make[2]: *** [dynamic/pam_issue.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/work/jc/pam-0.72/Linux-PAM-0.72/modules/pam_issue'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/work/jc/pam-0.72/Linux-PAM-0.72/modules'

DISCLAIMER:   The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and is intended solely for the review of the named addressee, and in conjunction with specific Acopia Networks business.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you are unable to treat this information accordingly, or are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by returning the e-mail to the originator.