SuSE & PAM & Kerberos?

Per the Linux-PAM Administrators guide:
Introduction-
This PAM library is configured locally with a system file, |/etc/pam.conf| (or a series of configuration files located in |/etc/pam.d/|) to authenticate a user request via the locally available authentication modules.
With this in mind using SuSE 9.0 I edit the /etc/pam.d/login file adding configuration options for the pam_krb5 options. ex.
auth required pam_krb5.so
account [default=bad success=ok user_unknown=ignore service_err=ignore system_err=ignore pam_krb5.so
password sufficient pam_krb5.so

Logout & then log back in and I get nothing... using YaST2 I configure the kerberos client and it loggs in just fine. I re-edit the /etc/rc.d/login file to remove references to pam_krb5.so and log back in. Success.

My question is this, where is SuSE hiding the PAM module configuration? I can add the module I wrote which does nothing more than get the user name and place it into the syslog to the /etc/rc.d/su & sudo files and when I log in they are recognized but if I add the same entry to the /etc/rc.d/login file I get nothing?

I have scoured their knowledge base on this and have found nothing in regards to manually configuring the pam modules to run at 'login'. Well besides the general configuations I have described above anyways.

Anyone out there experiece this as well? And if so how were you able to get around it?

--
Jason Gerfen

"...Sometimes I just yell at myself. And it
makes me sad, sometimes I make myself cry..."
			~ My nephew Dawsyn