SRP Password not set

Michael Chang syndetic at syndetic.org
Fri Dec 2 20:56:14 UTC 2005

What does /etc/pam.d/system-auth contain? If it contains pam_securetty.so
in the auth section then make sure that /etc/securetty contains entries
for pseudoterminals (pts*).
(I personally wouldn't do that because it opens up holes for direct root
access.)
I'm not sure that that's your problem, but the warning message "SRP refuses
authentication for 'root'" appears to be an indication that, as per your
current configuration, root logins are denied.  For login(1)-based applications,
/etc/securetty is consulted to determine which ttys can be used for root
logins.
If this doesn't apply to your setup, kindly devnullify this message.

HTH,
Michael

--
/* BEGIN SIG