statically linking pam

Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de
Tue Dec 27 20:22:32 UTC 2005

On Tue, Dec 27, Shane Canon wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I am attempting to build the pam library so that it can be statically
> linked with applications.  (This is needed for an architecture that
> doesn't support dynamically linked libraries).  I have tried this with
> both older versions (0.7x) and the latest (0.99).  I keep running into
> problems.  Is this configuration a part of any regression tests?

It is not. Since all modern architectures supports dynamic loading
and static linking is a very bad idea on this, nobody takes care
about this.

> I need both libpam and the standard set of modules.  From what I can
> gather, this should "supported", but I'm not having much luck.

It is not supported. The hooks are still there, somebody only needs
to look at it and try to fix it. But that's not trivial.

  Thorsten

Thorsten Kukuk         http://www.suse.de/~kukuk/      kukuk at suse.de
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH       Maxfeldstr. 5       D-90409 Nuernberg