statically linking pam

Shane Canon scanon at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 21:06:35 UTC 2005

Thanks for the quick response.  Even though it is a little
discouraging, its helpful to know where things stand.  If I manage to
get this working I will try to post any procedures or diffs to the
list.  Incidentally, this is need on a Cray X1E which doesn't support
dynamic libraries (it likely never will).  PAM is useful not just for
its dynamic aspects, but also because its a well defined standard that
many authentication mechanisms have working implementations (ldap,
radius, etc).

Thanks again,

--Shane