[pam-list] irix pam configuration

Todd Hunter-Gilbert penguin at swcp.com
Wed Mar 16 18:56:22 UTC 2005

Hello,

Sorry for adding an irix question here, but I can't find a corresponding
irix list.  Hopefully someone here can help.

I've got an SGI with IRIX 6.5.23.  LDAP and PAM software loaded.  I've got
a redhat 8 machine as the ldap server, which has properly served other
machines.

I haven't yet configured the pam.conf or pam.d directory.  First problem
is that in IRIX there are 2 places pam.conf might be and one place where a
pam.d directory might be.  As installed, pam.conf is in neither place.
pam.d has only an "other" file. (man page says pam.d will be used if it
exists).

So I try to log in and fail.  ngrep on my ldap server shows that the ldap
request came in and was answered.

But when I look in pam.d and use ls -lu (to see when a file was last
accessed) the "other" file is not being accessed during the login attempt.
If I create basic pam.conf in either or both of the named places, they too
are not accessed.

Thanks,
Todd