PAM-0.78 = stable

Toady toady at gscore.org
Thu Mar 31 21:13:41 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-30 at 17:18 +0200, Popp, Marc wrote:
> Hi!

Hello,

> Since some time we are having problems with pam_access.so shipped in ver
> 0.77. I've tested 0.78 on an new maschine and it looks like that update
> could fix our problem.
> I've seen that the 0.78 release is from Nov 2004, but I can't find very
> much rpms. I found noone for SuSE.

You should ask your distribution vendor then. We provide stable releases
in upstream. We try to merge as much fixes as we can from vendors.

> So I wondered how stable this release is. Is there any reason for not
> updating?

There is no reason not to update.
We provide stable releases which are _stable_. It means what it means.

Have a nice day,

Toady.
(btw: 0.79 is even more stable)