New PAM-Module: pam-cifs

Murray Trainer mtrainer at central-data.net
Sat Sep 3 04:22:08 UTC 2005

Hi Wilhelm,

The pam_mount module seemed to work alright but I wanted to use it with
ssh but there is an outstanding bug with ssh that prevents me doing that
- some problem to do with ssh privlege separation and the  userid /
passwords not been passed from pam_unix to pam_mount   I will be
interested to see if your module works in that case.

Another thing is that I was wondering why you needed to create this
module.  Will it offer anything that pam_mount doesn't - pam_mount seems
more general purpose.  No offense but it seems like re-inventing the
wheel to me.  BTW, I saw recently that the pam_mount maintainer is
looking for someone else to take over maintenance of it.

Regards

Murray